[NSRCA-discussion] Spektrum - How many RX in pattern

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 9 08:13:55 AKDT 2008

Vince:
I would say that in geneal, you don't need it.  On the other hand, for another $30 and a few grams of weight, why not?  Regardless, a handy tool to help you determine this is the Spektrum Data Monitor.  It shows antenna fades for each receiver and also, if concurrent fades happen on all receivers, it shows frame losses.  You can use it to optimize placement of the remote receiver(s) when range testing.

I've flown my 40% Carden Extra, with big canister mufflers and a R921 with 2 remotes and a monitor.  The number of fades was much lower than I expected and it gave me a lot of confidence in the reliability of the system.  Ofcourse I first worked my way up to using Spektrum in that airplane, going through a progression of "I don't care" stuff to "I care a little" etc.

I flew an Aquila (nearly a 2M pattern ship) with the monitor and just one remote and it also had very low fades.  At this point, both of my Prestiges are converted to Spektrum and I will use the full set of remotes, just as cheap insurance.  But in all this time, ever since the DX7 first came out, I have been flying full range Spektrum quite a bit and had no problems whatsoever.  I also flew the R7000 (one remote only) in a 50cc gas powered model and wrung it out pretty good.  We're talking very long and far, very low slow rolls where you would instantly know if you lost any control.  Not a hiccup.  Rolling circles as far as I could see it.  No problems.

Ed

From: vicenterc at comcast.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:00:15 +0000Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Spektrum - How many RX in pattern
I just got the R921 receiver.  It comes with an additional plug to add a third receiver module.  Do we need this third receiver module for pattern application?

Thanks,

--Vicente "Vince" Bortone