[NSRCA-discussion] YS Questions+more - Rolls

Matthew Frederick mjfrederick at cox.net
Sat Mar 8 06:29:58 AKST 2008

Lance, George is correct that the change in incidence is so that the weight
shift does not affect elevator trim. I have to disagree with his thought
that you'll have to hold 15% down elevator when inverted. I fly airplanes
that Bryan has trimmed all the time, and there is a moment when you roll
inverted with his airplanes that you don't even need elevator at first.
First time I flew his Shinden I did a slow roll and I only had to "think"
about the elevator and rudder inputs. Makes it a lot easier to concentrate
on the roll rate.

Matt