[NSRCA-discussion] From - Its quiet in here to -- Indoor Pattern

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:15:08 AKST 2008

Ed,
As I said to Dave earlier in the season.
If those walls could talk...
JLK

From: ed_alt at hotmail.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:08:11 -0500Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] From - Its quiet in here to -- Indoor Pattern

We use NAS Lakehurst, Hangar 1. Ed

Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:20:42 -0500From: atwoodm at paragon-inc.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] From - Its quiet in here to -- Indoor PatternExpecting 12” of snow today...but no place to practice (Cleveland).  Finding a place to fly indoors is next to impossible.  We have access to the golf domes every weekend, but that’s like flying in a smash up derby.  Easily 10-12 planes in the air at any given time and it’s rare to go more than a flight or two without a midair, some minor, some catastrophic.   And that’s assuming you follow the circle pattern.  Practicing an F3P pattern would be impossible.Where are people getting regular access to a practice facility?  Gyms are here are either booked, or closed.   We have some great indoor soccer fields that have availability but they’re $300/hr, so you either need a gang...pronounced crash fest, or deep pockets.  So what’s the scoop...are people paying up, or is there a secret to finding a good location?-MarkOn 3/7/08 12:16 PM, "John Konneker" <jlkonn at hotmail.com> wrote:
Jeremy,It's great to see you post on the list!I live in SE Iowa.  Not much outdoor flying in the winter.  This winter about -0-!  I've had a couple Depron/FanFold foamies in the past but a couple months ago I discovered the F3P planes.  WOW!  They ARE a lot of fun.  I want to try to get something going next winter, it's kind of late in the season now.  I hope interest continues to grow!JLK

From: lagrue at hotmail.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 16:50:39 +0000Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] From - Its quiet in here to -- Indoor PatternSince someone mentioned that its kinda quiet over the past couple of days, I'll throw something out there.....  I normally just lurk, but I wanted to throw out this for everyone.  Its winter, so many are building, updating or planning out their planes for this coming season, but there is an option out there that allows us to fly all winter and keep our thumbs sharp.  http://www.rcgroups.com/indoor-pattern-f3p-373/ Indoor Pattern has gained a lot of popularity in the past 2 years and seems to be growing all the time. There are lots of obvious differences between indoor and outdoor pattern, but there area also a lot of similarities.  The cost of entry is incredibly low compared to that of a 2m pattern plane (try less than the cost of a new YS for 2 RTF competitive indoor pattern planes) and more and more places are becoming available to fly them.  There are lots of good designs out there on the market designed specifically for this area - FancyFoam.com and Hobby-Lobby.com are both particularly well stocked.  Anyway its a lot of fun.

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your "fix". Check it out. <http://www.msnmobilefix.com/Default.aspx>