[NSRCA-discussion] From - Its quiet in here to -- Indoor Pattern

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Mar 7 10:20:51 AKST 2008

Expecting 12² of snow today...but no place to practice (Cleveland).  Finding
a place to fly indoors is next to impossible.  We have access to the golf
domes every weekend, but that¹s like flying in a smash up derby.  Easily
10-12 planes in the air at any given time and it¹s rare to go more than a
flight or two without a midair, some minor, some catastrophic.   And that¹s
assuming you follow the circle pattern.  Practicing an F3P pattern would be
impossible.

Where are people getting regular access to a practice facility?  Gyms are
here are either booked, or closed.   We have some great indoor soccer fields
that have availability but they¹re $300/hr, so you either need a
gang...pronounced crash fest, or deep pockets.

So what¹s the scoop...are people paying up, or is there a secret to finding
a good location?

-Mark