[NSRCA-discussion] Trouble viewing nsrca.us with IE explorer (huge fonts)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Thu Mar 6 05:40:16 AKST 2008

I've received a bug report this morning that baffles
me.

Someone on this list may have seen and fixed the same
behavior.

The user has no trouble with other sites; when visiting
ours, he sees such huge fonts that the site is illegible.
Even setting IE's default fonts to the smallest level
does not cure the problem.

I don't yet know what version of IE or of Windows he is
using.

I've tested the site with IE 7 and Firefox 2 on
Windows XP Pro (my desktop) and with Firefox 2 on
linux (in my office).  I don't know how to duplicate
this user's problem--if I could, then I could see
whether we need to do something to make our code
smarter.

AH!  One possible debugging strategy: change
templates and see whether a different template
causes the same problems.  Hmm.

I don't think we have the other templates set up
to provide the full menu system (top and two
sides) but I see that it might be worthwhile to
spend some time getting them set up for situations
like this ...

If someone would like to take that ball and run
with it, be my guest.  I've got to get ready for
class.

				Marty