[NSRCA-discussion] Electric Pattern

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Wed Mar 5 10:14:01 AKST 2008

See what we opened up? LOL

It's just variable and depends on everything....size/weight of the plane,
drag, speed, desired vertical, power demand of the flight and time, you name
it...it matters. It's one thing I really love about glow LOL

The 2 meter stuff is fairly well tested and hashed out....fairly well.....

The 110 sized stuff for what we would do with it is still very much "in
testing".

Yeah I have tested some stuff, some work, some sorta work....and the one I
settled on was a system that gave me about 2000 watts, 70 amps and is pretty
comfortable with a 19x12 e prop on 8s. Is it overkill? Yep. but I like
overkill, that way I am not stressing the packs too much. When weight
becomes an issue, I just build lighter =)

of course on paper the system I thought would work great ended up with a
motor temp of about 190 deg F. LMAO!!!!! Plenty of power though....

You just have to pick a direction and jump in there and see if it is what
you want. Just be prepared to say "that ain't it".

-Mike