[NSRCA-discussion] Electric Pattern

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 5 08:51:15 AKST 2008

I am not picking on Incheon here, the questions are to all:

I too, am struggling to understand how to select appropriate power for a given airplane.

The specs for the ElectriFly 110 call for up to a 15 pound airplane, It sounds like a lot of Watts for an 8 pounder.
A Phoenix 80 controller also sounds like a lot of over kill. Can I assume that the electrics can just be run at a lower power setting and less batteries without overburdening the airframe?

Which AXI would be interchangeable with the Electrifly 110?

Would the Dualsky XM5060CA be an equivalent? The advertising indicates 1:1 correspondence to a YS 110.

Is the following comment True or False?
It seems that an over spec motor and speed control are only a financial mistake. Flying at reduced power levels is not a technical flaw and in fact may provide a more reliable power setup.

John Ferrell    W8CCW

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
http://DixieNC.US