[NSRCA-discussion] Fuselage jig

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Sun Mar 2 17:43:35 AKST 2008

Paul, do you have full scale plans for the fuse?

If so, making  jig is a snap.  Just get a copy of the top view of the plans
and glue it down to a big FLAT board...depending on the size you can use a
hollow core door...A little Spray 3m 77 adhesive will glue it down.

Then make yourself about 40 ply right triangles (I make Œem 2²x 4² x 1/8²
ply...but you can make them bigger or smaller as the model dictates) and
then glue them to the board on the plans to support the outside of the fuse
sides, (and inside) and both sides of each former.  It¹ll take you about an
hour to make a nice set of triangles if you have a decent saw and a bench
sander.

Glue them to the plans will actually take LESS time than setting up most
jigs...

The only down side is that it¹s ³single use²...meaning it¹s dedicated to
that plane.

-mark