[NSRCA-discussion] Speaking of 2.4GHz

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 15:05:13 AKST 2008

Good choice, however Spektrum is true spread spektrum as well.  There is direct sequence (Spektrum) and there is frequency hopping spread spectrum.  The spread spectrum part part has to do with the spreading code that is used to "disperse" the information you are sending over a wide bandwidth, which makes efficient use of the signal and greatly reduces the chance of interference.  Anyway, you should do just fine with Futaba. BTW, from what I was told by an Airtronics rep at the WRAMS show, their's also does frequency hopping.

Ed

Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:51:17 -0800From: edvwhite at sbcglobal.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Speaking of 2.4GHzThanks guys for all the great input.  Let me show you what really swayed me.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789547I'm going with the Futaba FASST because clearly its the only one that truly is spread spectrum.  I'm not pretending to be a EE here, but intuitively to me if you are going to use this band, which is getting increasingly crowded, you ought to be frequency hopping for real and it looks to me like Futaba is the only one doing that.Ed