[NSRCA-discussion] OS 91FX or 120 AX for Focus sport

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Fri Jun 27 05:26:58 AKDT 2008

Something is going on there. I have the same exact setup and no problems at all. Make sure your tank is air-tight. you can do this with an automotive vacuum gauge. Empty the tank, plug all the lines (except one of them) and apply vacuum. It should hold for at least 10 minutes.

  John Pavlick

Bob Richards <bob at toprudder.com> wrote:
            Jason,

  The reason I ask, I have the 120AX in a Venus II and with the stock muffler I have a fuel draw problem. The tank is all the way against the back of the firewall. If I adjust the mixture for max rpm with the nose pointed up, it is blubbering rich in level flight. I was going to experiment with adding more restriction at the exhaust outlet, but just stuck it on the rack and have not touched it.

  A couple of guys have that engine with the Jerry Smith style mousse can mufflers, and they work great. They have much more back pressure but turn up more rpms. The extra muffler pressure helps with the fuel draw.

  Bob R