[NSRCA-discussion] OS 91FX or 120 AX for Focus sport

Shoval Aviv-BAS036 aviv at motorola.com
Thu Jun 26 09:24:33 AKDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to pattern flying. I'm considering to buy the Focus sport
and want to "keep it simple" with the engine. I know the Focus was
design for YS 110 but for cost/ simplicity reasons i am considering the
OS 91 FX or the OS 120 AX. In the OS web site they claim that the 120AX
is 20% more power but when I compare efficiency it looks like the 91FX
wins. Its 6% more efficient in power to Wight and 16% more in power to
displacement. Am I missing something? Practical RPM misleading numbers?
What would be your recommendation?

120AX

91FX

Displacement (Cu in)