[NSRCA-discussion] Hatori 822 or Central Header?

Don Ramsey don.ramsey at suddenlink.net
Tue Jun 24 10:39:17 AKDT 2008

Here's my experience with the Central Header and the Hatori short muffler
(Hatori 821).  The Central header is lighter than the Hatori.  My header is
braced to the engine with a metal strap and the muffler is mounted on a soft
mount near the stinger.  The "O" in the pipe has formed a deep indention in
the header and now the muffler has a loose fit and leaks oil.  Others may
have a different mounting method as mine seems to be flawed due to the
indention caused by the "O' ring.

Don