[NSRCA-discussion] Crash video

Xavier Mouraux xaviermouraux at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 13:47:42 AKDT 2008

The transmitter is a JR10X with a Spektrum module and
the battery was an old type Duralite. This is the type
that is not redundant (I didn't know until I openned
it) but I am not sure it would have change anything in
that case. The battery itself seems fine but it's the
overcharge protector module that let go suddently
without any warning. On that battery, there is only
one connector for charging and powering the
transmitter. That connector was connected to the
remaining end section of the original JR battery case
that contain the charging port accessible thru the
battery door at the back of the radio.

http://picasaweb.google.com/xavier.mouraux/Twister/photo?authkey=XBHvT7S71WI#5202126541378787682

I got that radio with the battery from a good friend 3
years ago and I am told the battery should be about 5
years old. I have other transmitters with battery
(NiCad) a lot older than that and never had any
problem so it was a shock to see that happening. There
is an new original JR Nicad battery in the transmitter
now.

Imagine that I changed all my airplanes to 2.4Gz over
the last 2 years to eliminate the chance of getting
shut down by another radio and it's my own transmitter
that killed the plane ...

And yes it was a very nice airplane Chad :-)

Xavier