[NSRCA-discussion] Snap entry in FAI

JShulman jshulman at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 17 05:32:53 AKDT 2008

A Lomcevak (and it's multiple spellings) is almost like a shoulder roll. The
inputs are best done with left aileron, left rudder and down elevator. If
this is done high enough, and long enough, it becomes a KE spin with some
input massaging. It's actually slower than a snap roll cause the plane
(model) takes a couple of rotations to fully stall. And a pattern plane,
with it's long tail, won't. The KE maneuver FAI is doing is a positive 1 1/2
snaps, from KE to KE. I don't think it's even an option to do it negative.
Even if someone wanted to do it that way, they would probably crash. The
snap must be opposite direction of the 1/4 roll to KE and that would mean a
negative snap... at the ground... ouch

Regards,
Jason
www.jasonshulman.com