[NSRCA-discussion] FW: September Pattern Contest in Jacksonville, FL

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 10:09:19 AKDT 2008

Tony,

I am glad to hear that the contest has returned.

For anyone contemplating going to this contest, let me assure you the
field is one of the better ones in the country. Used to be my home
field for many many years. There is a covered pavilion with tables for
setup. A pretty good size pit area and actual taxi ways (which we don't
use, I know, but it's a nice feature for the locals). A large paved
runway also. There is an office with facilities, electricity, water and
phone service. Some limited hook ups. Parking is somewhat limited
(maybe 50 cars) and is the only slight negative, if 100 people show up
(doubtful)

Hotels nearby and excellent golfing and the beach as well. Ponte Vedra
Beach and TPC Sawgrass 20 miles east, Fernandina Beach 30 miles north
and historic St. Augustine with the World Golf Village and St Augustine
Beach 50 miles south, so this could be a vacation destination for you.
Late September in north Fla is usually very nice

MattK