[NSRCA-discussion] 140DZ wristpin removal...help!

Bob Wilson wilsorc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 03:55:02 AKDT 2008

I'm trying to replace the ring on my YS 140DZ.
No problem removing the head and back plate apparatus.
 I was hoping that the piston and connecting rod could be removed without
removing the wristpin...but that doesn't seem possible.
I carefully removed the piston liner and removed the Teflon wristpin
retainer through the (rubber stoppered) rear access hole.
Now, how do I remove the wristpin?

It seems that it should just slide out through the rear access hole.

There is a front access hole through the cam gear housing that I assume is
for using a punch to push the wristpin out the rear access hole...but I
don't want to start banging around if this is incorrect.

I know a lot of you guys have done this and would appreciate any help you
could give me.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson