[NSRCA-discussion] 120 AC issues Not the Piston

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Tue Jul 15 11:15:03 AKDT 2008

I exchanged the piston and ring for a brand new one out of an unrun
motor.  Basically no change.  So either both pistons are bad or it is
something else.
I pulled a motor that ran fine out of my Asteris Omen.  Motor has little
time after a Futaba warranty rebuild way back when.   Most of the
internal parts were new.  It ran fine when I started flying again 3
years ago.  Put it in the Dalotel and ran it for 7 minutes no issues.
I don't think it got as hot as the "bad" motor but I didn't think of
taking out my temp gun.  Also when pressure was released it was
definitely less from the troubled motor.
For now it will have to wait for further interrogation on a test stand
and more fuel.  I think I have enough for one day of flying for my son
right now :)

Thanks for all the input,
Stuart Chale