[NSRCA-discussion] 120 AC issues UPDATE

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 15 05:41:48 AKDT 2008

I don't know if someone suggested this or not, but I had a similar problem with a 120FZ and it turned out to be a bad head shim.

  Good luck with it

Michael Cohen <precisionaero at hotmail.com> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    Surging after 5 minutes or so wound up being caused by a worn piston for me way back when.  Once the engine heats up, it allowed the piston to wobble causing a mid range surging that limited max power.  If you can get your hands on a "slug" piston, without all the weight saving machining done to the skirt, you would be better off, but a lighter piston will be OK, it just won't last as long.  Of course, when changing out the piston, use a new piston ring.