[NSRCA-discussion] incidence meter

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 16:28:58 AKDT 2008

How it is used varies from model to model and individuals.
Yes the meter will be accurate if you don't turn the bar / meter around. Always view it from the same side. As for where to zero it, I use the fuselage centerline / datum line or stab with neutral elevator on my airplane since they are all 0-0. What I am looking for is the same incidence on both wing panels, which I adjust in the field while flight trimming.
Where the meter is zeroed is simply a reference, which may or may not be called out by the manufacturer who may also state the desired wing and or stab incidence. If the wing and / or stab are not adjustable this tool will be very useful in bench setup during the final fitting. The care taken here will simplify flight trimming and head scratching later.
Jim Hiller