[NSRCA-discussion] Correct Geometry on N

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Tue Jul 8 09:37:02 AKDT 2008

Woo hoo! Progress! We've finally reached the next level! We're not arguing about snaps and spins anymore!!! <LOL>

  John Pavlick

Bob Richards <bob at toprudder.com> wrote:
            Ken,

  There is no requirement for the manuever to be square. Vertical lines must be vertical, 45s must be 45s, all radii must be constant and equal. The only way to get a square out of this is to extend the vertical and diagonal lines until they intersect, which is outside the boundary of the manuever. If someone flies low and with large radii, this could actually put the lower intersections below ground level. Do we downgrade the mauever then because part of it was out of the box? :-)

  The height (from bottom of lower loop segments to the top of the upper loop segments) will always be less than the width (vertical line to vertical line). Looking for the manuever to be square (or rectangle, for that matter) should not be a judging criteria, IMHO.

Bob R