[NSRCA-discussion] Hyde mounts + nose rings

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 10:33:29 AKDT 2008

For those so inclined, I've written about this before and it's worth
repeating. If you have some building skill, you can easily make your
own Hyde style mounts. It's super simple. The toughest part (easy) is
getting a nice hole cutter bit for your drill press. I use a simple
outrigger bit that is adjustable so I can cut various sizes as needed.
I described the techniques I use (based on Pastorello's Pasto mounts) a
few years ago in the KFactro

The weight savings are real also. The typical pattern size mount comes
in at about 2 1/2 ozs which includes the engine bearers (maple)

I recently built a soft mount for a ZDZ 40 cc engine which works just
great, as all the Hyde style mounts do. Weight for that large mount is
just over 3 ozs without the stand offs. All up including the stand
offs, it's a scant over 4 ozs.....that's for a 40 cc, 2.7 lb ignition
engine.

But if you must buy the expensive units just because you have money to
burn, good for you....I'm envious. I don't so I do!!! (BG)
MattK