[NSRCA-discussion] 747 Snap Entry?

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 04:50:33 AKDT 2008

Tom,
You can do a slow roll in a 747 training  simulator. I've never done it
without at least 1000' altitude loss. Done slow rolls in
747,787,737,DC-10,MD-11,MD80/90 simulators and others. They will not
hold knife-edge, although I've never really taken the time to set up a
simulator with minumum weight or less, aft CG and see exactly what they
are capable of. I don't believe there is enough side-force generated to
support the weight.when in knife-edge and the roll-coupling is ferocious.
Typically, there is a crash program in these sims which need to be
disabled, at least for my flying, motion system off is also a good idea.  :)
Did your trip to the states come off? I don't recall hearing anything
about it.
Cheers
John