[NSRCA-discussion] Transition to new server: phase one complete (I think)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Mon Jan 28 07:56:20 AKST 2008

chris moon wrote:

> Are the forums up and running yet? Can we register and post?

Yes, on an interim basis.

We're not set up to cross-check registrations with NSRCA membership
at present.  That's one of the elements of the system that has to
wait for the database transition.

I'm happy with using Fireboard for now.  Stuart Chale likes
SMF (if I remember correctly).  At some point, when and if
SMF can be integrated into Joomla, we may junk the Fireboard
system and start fresh with SMF.

All of that is up in the air and out of our control.  There is
a permissions fight going on between Joomla and SMF.  I imagine
that it will be worked out eventually.

There may also be some upheavals as we work on the registration
system.

And avatars won't be available until we get an upgrade in the
operating system from NXS.net

For now, I will create the forums that people ask for and
want to use.

I think I have two that will only appear when you have
registered, confirmed your registration, and logged in:

Reviews

General

Having said all that, I hope you have fun playing with the
forums.  ;o)

				Marty