[NSRCA-discussion] Fw: Altitude limits

Ed White edvwhite at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 13:06:33 AKST 2008

This is what I expected was the case, that AMA was well aware of the notice and possibly had a hand in it.  As I see it, the the purpose of the notice is to define the FAA's proposed approach to controlling UAV/UAS operations in the national airspace.  Something that badly needs to be done.

The result was that approach proposes that model aircraft, flown for hobby purposes, would have authority to be in the national airspace under AC 91-57.  And there are no changes to AC 91-57, nothing in it was made mandatory.  The result is no change as far as we are concerned.  I think the AMA was neither letting sleeping dogs lie, nor did they charge in.  I think they were doing just what we pay them to do, work quietly and effectively behind the scenes to represent our interests.  The notice indicates to me that they (or least someone) successfully did exactly that.

Ed

Lance Van Nostrand <patterndude at tx.rr.com> wrote: The key points were forwarded to AMA and their conclusion is that this was a
red herring.  The rule has been in effect since 1981.
--Lance