[NSRCA-discussion] Pull-pull setups

Suddenlink don.ramsey at suddenlink.net
Wed Jan 23 15:56:16 AKST 2008

Thanks Mark, what a time saver.

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Mark Atwood
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:45 PM
To: NSRCA Mailing List
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Pull-pull setups

The ease of the steel setup has always been the allure for me.  I use
plastic coated steel fishing leader (20lb is more than strong enough) and
simply twist the end and wave a lit match under it and the plastic melts and
bonds it together.  No crimping or tying or anything.  Pull tight, twist,
heat, done.  If you have ANY fear of that breaking...try it outside the
plane and see how much force it takes to break. You'll snap 60lb test line
(can you tell I tried this?) prior to the melted twist giving up.

-Mark