[NSRCA-discussion] Battery charger needed

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Wed Jan 23 13:16:48 AKST 2008

Anthony,
I have 4 - Astro Flight 109's for sale that are in excellent shape and have been zero problems for two seasons. They only run off of 12-14 volts DC which is pretty typical for Lipo chargers. I use 12 volt power supplies that I run off of a generator and/or a 110 volt wall outlet depending on whether at the field or a at home. They're not totally safe and foolproof. Most chargers for our use aren't. The 109's automatically read the cell count and display it for your verification. However, you set the charge rate which is almost always 1C (1/10 the capacity, ie: 1000mah pack gets charged at 1/10 that amount, or 100 mah or .1 amps) I've never had charging problems, but I've never walked away and forgot about it or set the wrong rate. Regardless of which charger you choose, the charge rate and the fact that you have batteries charging deserves your utmost attention. BTW, I'm pretty much electrically stupid, but have learned enough to do the Lipo thing safely.

Verne