[NSRCA-discussion] Fwd: Altitude limits

chris moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:05:56 AKST 2008

Here is the important excerpt from the clarification of policy letter:

"Model aircraft should be flown below 400 feet above the

surface to avoid other aircraft in flight."

There is a BIG difference as far as the feds are concerned between the
words "should" "shall" and "must".  We are not regularly above 400 feet
throughout a flight and frankly have no means of determining our
altitude accurately, so I don't see how this is any big change for us.
The intent was of course to regulate the big UAV craft and they had to
mention our models so that the big UAV guys could not claim their
planes were just hobbyist models.

Chris

James Oddino wrote:

  Begin forwarded message: