[NSRCA-discussion] Fine tuning on 14MZ

Scott Smith js.smith at verizon.net
Sat Jan 19 07:03:59 AKST 2008

Going on memory here from a year ago and batteries are in winter storage so
I can't confirm exact values, but here's one use:

THR to ELE mix - Initially program double what you think you will need.
Assign one of the volume dials to Fine Tuning and select one of the "ramp"
modes.  Turn the dial full left and adjust the fine tuning rate to remove
all of the mix you initially programmed in.  (A little T&E should get things
moving in the right direction.)

Now go fly.  If the plane pitches canopy on the down line, crank in a little
volume (no need to land and reprogram!) and try again.  After the flight,
duplicate the final setting back at the main rate screen and remove the fine
tuning so you can assign it to the next mix.

With something like RUD to ELE, I'm not sure how you would independently
tune the right and left sides of the mix.