[NSRCA-discussion] Full Scale Airport

Steven Maxwell patternrules at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 06:41:22 AKST 2008

 My clubs field is across the street from an active Army Base that used to be just for reserves, it has gotten more active because of 911 and the wars, I wanted to have a contest when  I first got back in RC but what I have read of peoples feeling on this was just what I expected. This location is even worse because of not airplanes even though we do have C130's, A-10's but the worst is the heli's that go anywhere even with our area being mapped as restricted air space, even from what I understand and don't know if it is a tail or thruth a few years ago a base commander would send up heli's if RC was being flown, the story goes that a call to a senator and the commander was shipped to a new base.
   Steve Maxwell

Jim Quinn <jaqfly at prodigy.net> wrote:
    I was at the same contest that Ed Miller commented on and I totally agree! That contest was a disaster. On the other hand we use a small grass strip with only a few operations a day and that site worked well. We even had a competitor or two fly in with his full size airplane. We didn't land when a plane was on final we would just fly away from the landing pattern. I fly at another contest where we are in the traffic pattern for a near by airport and there too we just fly away.

  JIm Quinn

Ed Miller <edbon85 at tds.net> wrote:
  Did that once at a D1 contest. It was totally useless and frustrating. Look
for another site.
Ed M.