[NSRCA-discussion] A5 --- rx 1.40

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 15 14:10:58 AKST 2008

APC makes 18.1x10, 18.1x10W, and 18.1x11 (not sure what is listed on their
website).

All the 18.1 props run well.  Comparing them to the 3 bladers, the 18.1s are
louder and heavier.  On the ground the 18.1x10 is about the same load as a
15.75-11 3b, but the 18.1x10 will unload more in the air.  Depending on
throttle technique, drag of plane, pipe and pipe length, either prop might
be easier to fly constant speed - most guys find the 3b tends to be more
constant speed as it does not unload as much as the 2b.  Exception is when
the 3b is bogging the motor, and the plane slows in an upline (if any prop
is bogging the motor, reduce prop size, add nitro, or lengthen the pipe).
If the plane is a little quick now, the 15.75-10 3b will slow it down, as
will lengthening the pipe.  Reducing the nitro will also slow the plane
down, but the sweetspots for the needles will be a little narrower (I agree
with leaving the nitro in).

Dave

  _____