[NSRCA-discussion] Aileron lead holes

Dennis Bodary d_bodary at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 13:29:12 AKST 2008

Mike you are really missing out. Personally i sheet the wing then make a jig and just before i get to the servo pocket out the wing sheeting i go. No problem it is the bottom of the wing no biggy. Just adjust the angle and do the other wing this way just before the servo pocket it comes out the sheeting. except this time it comes out the top sheeting.

  Now mind you this works even nicer if you have the wing all finished sanded and ready for monokote.

  Oh and the next time i cut aileron sevo holes i need to buy a new brass tube. why you ask? because i gave the one that put holes in my wing sheeting a toss about 200 mph around the basement. much nicer and less painful than beating my head against the wall for being so stupid well okay maybe not that but painfully brilliant. Yeah that's it

Mike Darr <mdarr00 at comcast.net> wrote:
  Verne, I agree with Mark. I really wouldn't change your method. I
personally use 3/8" brass tubing. I bore the hole before I sheet the wing
(not that it really matters). I have never missed my mark with the tube
free hand. No need for a jig.

Mike Darr

Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Aileron lead holes

Verne,

Why the need to change? Been doing them with a brass tube for 15-20 years
without a hitch.

-Mark.