[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba FAAST trouble

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Thu Jan 10 14:37:21 AKST 2008

I am sure a bunch of you are watching the various threads on this, but if
not and you have one of the Futaba 2.4 systems, be careful.  Apparently on a
couple of occasions one radio has shot down another.  So far it has only
been reported a couple of times with the 6 and 7 channel modules only.  The
word on the forums and I am not sure how accurate this is, is that some
transmitters have been shipped without programming a unique identifier into
them.  They have the basic 0000. code.  The receiver is bound to the
transmitter's supposedly unique code.  So if two transmitters have not been
programmed with a unique ID then any receiver bound to one of them will
respond or be shot down by the other, because they essentially have the same
ID code.  Again I am not sure that this is suspicion or fact but be careful
if you are flying one until more is known.

Stuart C.