[NSRCA-discussion] Aileron lead holes

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:25:01 AKST 2008

I'm not sure if you have a jig of some sort keeping the brass tub straight, if not, then you should do so for the next suggestion.

Take that same brass tubing and hit it with a propane torch to heat it up. It will then slide through the foam with great ease. You'll have to remove it and reheat about three or four times. Actually I believe I've used a 3/8th inch brass tube when using this method, not 1/2". I don't know if the extra 1/8th inch will cause it to burn through the top or bottom of the wing.

Keith Black