[NSRCA-discussion] Best paint stripper?

davel322 at comcast.net davel322 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 5 09:37:18 AKST 2008

Ed,

My understanding is that the base color on the Vivat/Prestige is Concept or a chemical equivalent.  There is no clear coat on the models as they come from Wistmodel.  I'd think whatever effectively strips off PPG Concept trim colors will also strip the base coat paint.

Velez is in the process of moving, so I am not sure if he is monitoring the list or not these days.

Dave

From: "Ed Alt" <ed_alt at hotmail.com>

HI:
I am looking for the best way to strip off PPG Concept paint without hurting the surface underneath.  It’s not Gel Coat, it’s whatever Wistmodel finishes the Prestige with.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Ed