[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba Receiver Question

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Jan 3 13:59:31 AKST 2008

I sent the following to Tony Stillman:

"Tony - I have looked at the Futaba R607FS and R617FS receivers "six
ways to Sunday" and can't tell what the difference is between them.
They are the same size and weight, both are 7-channel 2.4 GHz
receivers and both have the same pin orientation, but they have a
different price on the Tower Hobbies website. So, what's the
difference? I suspect one of the pictures on the Tower Hobbies
website is the wrong one and that one receiver is a "top loading"
one, while the other is an "end loading" one."

Here was his response:

"http://2.4gigahertz.com/faq/faq-fasst-q926.html

The above should answer your question…

I went to the url and it said, under Frequently Asked Questions:

"I have noticed a new R617FS receiver offered with the 7C 2.4GHz
radio on your website. Is there something wrong with the R607FS that
we should know about?

There is nothing wrong with the R607FS, it is a dependable and
reliable receiver.

There was a component supplier change for some parts, and Futaba
renumbered the R607FS to the R617FS for their reference. These
receivers are essentially identical."

OK, I can understand that, but why are they not the same price?

I assume the 617 is the newer one and they will replace the 607 with
the 617 in their module/receiver package when they run out of 607s.

Ron Van Putte