[NSRCA-discussion] FW: Re: [SA] Spektrum AR9100 RX and A123batteries

brett terry brett.terry at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 15:43:47 AKST 2008

The smaller batteries are sold at Walmart as the Black and Decker VPX pack.
$18 for a 2-cell pack.  Seem cheap enough to me. A few places sell the the
pack ready to go for $39, maybe that is why the price seems high.
Remove the case, throw on a pigtail, shrinkwrap the whole thing, and it is
ready to go.

They are roughly 1000 mAh usable, more available current than our planes can
possibly pull, and very little voltage depression (voltage will always be
above 5.5 - 6V, anybody fly Spektrum?), and very fast charging time.  Also
the design spec on the cell is 1000 cycles at 10C discharge.  3.5 oz weight,
all up for a 2S pack.

Good stuff, but we need to balance the pros and cons.

Brett