[NSRCA-discussion] Lithium Battery Packs

chris moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 07:36:52 AKST 2008

Bill - I have a couple of Fromeco packs that are more than 2 years old
and still are going fine.  I know that the lithium batteries degrade
with time but it is a slow loss in capacity and probably a rise in
internal resistance rather than a catastrophic failure with loss of all
power.  I am keeping a close eye on mine and will toss them when I
notice a significant loss in capacity. Mine are in sport planes but to
be honest, I would probably just replace them if they were in my pattern
plane if they already gave me 2 years of good service.  Just cheap
insurance.

Chris