[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 14MZ glitch

C. Smith dentdoc007 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 03:38:21 AKST 2008

I have a 14MZ purchased in March of 05. ( Early release). It has had 4 Touch
Screens replaced & 2 sets of "Encoders" replaced. Most recently the Aileron
Encoder Failed completely. Full deflection one way. As Luck would have it
the Full Encoder Failure happened on the ground & was noticed before
attempting to fly.
 A lot of times (Not all) Encoder/Pot. problems can be seen on the Servo
Monitor page. You will notice the bar graphs not centering or erratic
bouncing. Just not acting like the other indicators.
 Another thing Futaba Service has been warning ( Or NOT endorsing) is the
use of Aftermarket Stiff Springs.. They are saying they are unapproved &
could cause problems with the encoders & mounting structures.
I, like many use these springs & will continue to do so. But if returning
your Tx to the Service Center be prepared to hear discouraging remarks about
there use. I know of cases where Warranty Service has been Questioned
because of there use.

 Your results may vary....

  _____