[NSRCA-discussion] repairing fiberglass fuse?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sat Feb 9 17:29:32 AKST 2008

I've had success with heating the fuselage (gently) with a heat gun,
slowly increasing the temperature of the fuselage in the area of the
dent, bend, etc and letting the fiberglass straighten out.  It seems
to "know' the original shape and, if you give it a chance, will
return to it.  I once had an Eclipse fuselage, which had ridden in
the back of a hot pickup, lying sideways across two lateral
supports.  The fuselage had a "dogleg" in it.  However, with the
fuselage sitting canopy up, the application of heat straightened it
right out.  Good luck.

Ron Van Putte