[NSRCA-discussion] changed topic to killing Masters?

Don Ramsey don.ramsey at suddenlink.net
Mon Feb 4 06:54:48 AKST 2008

I really don't understand all the discussion about the P pattern difficulty
and how it would cause an exodus from Masters if flown.  Here it is:

            1.         Rev. Split S & Split S Combo, 2/4-pt. roll first,
full roll second, inv. Exit        4
This is the Double Immelman the Advanced pattern did year before last.
            2.         Half reverse cuban 8, two ½ rolls in opposite
direction           3
No difficulty here.
            3.         Three horizontal rolls in opposite direction      4
The beginning classes did 3 rolls for a number of years.  These are in
opposite direction and more difficult but Masters does opposite rolls now.
            4.         Stall turn, 2/4-pt. roll up, ½ roll down  3
No difficulty here.
            5.         Top hat, 4/8-pt. roll over top, inverted exit      4
Timing is a problem here but no real difficulty.
            6.         Half outside loop, inverted entry         1
No difficulty here.
            7.         Triangle loop, with ½ rolls in each leg, inverted
exit    4
This was a Masters type maneuver not long ago.
            8.         Figure 9, two ½ rolls in opposite direction on
downline, inverted entry           3
Can get rushed but not difficult.
            9.         Stall turn, ¾ roll up, 1 ¼ snap roll down          5
OK, it's got a 1-1/4 snap on the downline.
            10.       Pull-push-push humpty bump, ½ rolls up and down,
inverted exit      3
No difficulty here.
            11.       Reverse 4-pt. roll (2/4-pt in one direction, 2/4-pt
opposite), inverted entry and exit    4
Masters maneuver.
            12.       Half square loop, full roll up, inverted entry   2
No difficulty here.
            13.       Two outside loops from top, full integrated roll over
top 90 degrees of second loop  5
Some difficulty but not dangerous and learnable.
            14.       Two turn spin, inverted exit     3
No difficulty here.
            15.       Cuban 8, 4/8-pt. roll and full roll in 45 degree
downlines, inverted entry        4
Masters type maneuver in past.
            16.       Half square loop on corner, ½ rolls 45 degree uplines,
inverted exit.  3
No difficulty here.
            17.       45 degrees down, with negative snap roll, ½ roll on
exit
This was was an advanced class maneuver 2 years ago.

I think ever Masters model flying today will do these P pattern maneuvers
easily.  There is a maneuver in P-11 that will be more difficult but we have
had similar maneuvers in Masters before.  The F pattern is different.

Don