[NSRCA-discussion] Question about 2.4 receiver installation

Matthew Frederick mjfrederick at cox.net
Mon Dec 29 17:43:40 AKST 2008

Well, the list has been really slow, so I figured I would pose a question. I just ordered my first 2.4 GHz system (Futaba 10C) and wanted to get suggestions for receiver installation. Are there any do's or don't's when it comes to position, antenna orientation, etc? The first airplane I will be using this is will be an all-wood airplane (a one-of-a-kind Bryan Hebert design... OK, to be honest there are 2 of them, but this is the only one that ever flew). I've read bits and pieces here and there about the 2.4 systems not liking carbon fiber (or maybe I was taking the comments wrong?) or potential interference resulting from the interaction between the two. Anyway, any input will be helpful, and I'm not in love with the 2.4 revolution yet so any negative comments will not be met with resistance.

Matt