[NSRCA-discussion] Breakthrough Pattern plane designs

brett terry brett.terry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 15:55:41 AKST 2008

In many ways, Chip's Hanson Dalotel was revolutionary, flying a scale plane
in pattern.  Granted Hanno had his Dalotel at TOC a year earlier.  Perhaps
this helped drive the growth of IMAC when he proved a scale plane could also
fly with precision.

This is a great thread, btw.  I still remember seeing my first Curare
flying.  We were putting the finishing touches on a .40-size Kaos from a
.15-size Midwest Chipmunk (must have been around '77 or so) and saw one at
the field.  Even at 7 years old I KNEW I had to have one!

I later built one with my Dad, flew it for many years, still have it on the
shelf.  In many ways the Atlas was a better flying plane but the Curare was
dead sexy!  In my opinion it was somewhat more of a paradigm shift than the
Atlas.

Of course the Aurora and Atlanta are smoking hot as well.  Good stuff here.

Brett