[NSRCA-discussion] Breakthrough Pattern plane designs

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Mon Dec 15 15:34:48 AKST 2008

I remember some of the early prototype APC props. Mac Patterson was promoting them to the pattern community initially through his mail order pattern supply business that he advertised in the K-Factor. They had one really unusual scimitar they called the "butterknife".

Von Linsowe was flying his own, hand carved scimitar-shaped prop on his USA Star at about the same time (early to mid 90's). One of the local Michigan guys molded one of Dave's up in carbon and sold quite a few of them in Michigan and Ontario. I stopped using mine after one blew apart and damaged Dave's Star.

Verne