[NSRCA-discussion] Breakthrough Pattern plane designs

Richard Strickland pamrich47 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:41:20 AKST 2008

I wonder if you could include the Suprafly and the original Focus--both good flying ARFs...?
RS

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:00:28 -0800From: getterflash at yahoo.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Breakthrough Pattern plane designs

Kaos
 Bob Kanegetterflash at yahoo.com

From: "Woodward, Jim (US SSA)" <jim.woodward at baesystems.com>To: General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:23:37 AMSubject: [NSRCA-discussion] Breakthrough Pattern plane designs

Hi Guys,

What do you think were some of the most breakthrough or pivotal pattern designs?  When I started there the Prophecy was top dog.  A couple years later the Smaragd was designed.  I see a lot of planes have been designed off the Smaragd platform.  I think the PassPort is a heck of a plane.

What do you guys think have been some break-out designs over the years that have transformed pattern aircraft design?  In the last nine years, I’d say the Smaragd was the most transformational plane.

Thanks,
Jim W.