[NSRCA-discussion] Breakthrough Pattern plane designs

Woodward, Jim (US SSA) jim.woodward at baesystems.com
Mon Dec 15 07:23:59 AKST 2008

Hi Guys,

What do you think were some of the most breakthrough or pivotal pattern
designs?  When I started there the Prophecy was top dog.  A couple years
later the Smaragd was designed.  I see a lot of planes have been
designed off the Smaragd platform.  I think the PassPort is a heck of a
plane.

What do you guys think have been some break-out designs over the years
that have transformed pattern aircraft design?  In the last nine years,
I'd say the Smaragd was the most transformational plane.

Thanks,

Jim W.