[NSRCA-discussion] FW: !4 MZ modifications

Richard Strickland pamrich47 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:56:24 AKST 2008

Actually the best news is that they are all essentially the same and then your decision to buy would strictly be on age, usage, and condition.  It would stand to reason that for equal money, one that had a 3D guy at the controls would wear it out faster than the pattern guy--depending on flight time, of course.
RS

From: tony at radiosouthrc.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:03:49 -0500Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] FW: !4 MZ modifications

That is good news….  I would hope that that would be the case.  I would guess that it would be on an individual basis.

Tony Stillman, President
Radio South, Inc.
139 Altama Connector, Box 322
Brunswick, GA  31525
1-800-962-7802
www.radiosouthrc.com

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Robert L. BeaubienSent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:20 PMTo: General pattern discussionSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] FW: !4 MZ modifications

 I am a 2nd owner of a 12Z and they just replace the encoders free of charge.  I did send it in for a 2 year checkup and that was $87.00, but no extra charge for the encoder changeout.

- Robert Beaubien
- NSRCA, District 7 Webmaster
-

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of TonySent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:07 AMTo: 'General pattern discussion'Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] FW: !4 MZ modifications

Well, that pretty much is the story however.  If I was going to buy a used TX, I would definitely want to know the service history.  If these items were not changed, chances are they will not cover them under warranty for a 2nd owner.

Tony Stillman, President
Radio South, Inc.
139 Altama Connector, Box 322
Brunswick, GA  31525
1-800-962-7802
www.radiosouthrc.com

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Richard StricklandSent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:55 PMTo: NSRCA DISCUSSIONSubject: [NSRCA-discussion] FW: !4 MZ modifications

This is all I got out of Futaba--not very satisfying...probably need to call   RS From: support Futaba [mailto:support at hobbico.com]> Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:06 AM> To: richard.s at allied-callaway.com> Subject: Re: !4 MZ modifications> > > Dear Valued Customer:> > Thank you for your Email.> > There isn't a list of serial numbers and "modifications" to the 14MZ> transmitter. If people have had a bad touch screen, then it was> replaced...it would depend upon how old the unit was if the warranty covered> it or not. The same with stick encoders. Some people had them wear> prematurely, and so they were replaced. There wasn't a broad changeover,> and there are original units with zero difficulties in either part, so> they've not been replaced.> > The main thing would be if the owner kept up with software updates, but> that's trivial because the most-current software is available for download,> and that includes all prior updates along with the full software for the> transmitter. Updating the software will not remove any programming done by> the modeler.> > We hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further> questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email> address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future> questions.)> > DID YOU KNOW that our web pages now all contain FAQs? (Frequently asked> questions) Please drop by and take a look! We hope you'll find the> information helpful and valuable to you.> > Sincerely,> > Futaba Service Center North America> 3002 N. Apollo Dr. Suite 1> Champaign IL 61822> USA> > Phone: (217) 398-0007> Fax: (217) 398-7721> Email: service at futaba-rc.com> Web: http://www.futaba-rc.com/index.html> > >>> "Richard Strickland" <richard.s at allied-callaway.com> 12/10/2008 10:36 AM> >>>> Hi Guys,> > As the MZ ages, some radios are getting sold/traded and decisions on what to> pay are made on how current they are, usage and condition.> I would think there would be a list of modifications by date and serial> number. Can you provide it to me? This came up on the NSRCA list in> response to a> query I made regarding some of the radios that have been out there a while.> I was at a swap and shop over the weekend and a guy asked why I was selling> so much stuff and my response was that I was saving up for an MZ. He had> one he was thinking about selling and so I asked the list and Tony Stillman> about particulars regarding stuff I should look for--particularly since all> my stuff is on 50--the ham band--mostly 07--'cept at the Nats where I have> to use 04. I understand the pots/encoders were changed along with a new> screen type--but we would all like to know serial numbers and what was and> when they were done--plus any other mods.> > I have been a Futaba fan since your first PCM, flew with Steve Helms in his> heyday and still hit a few contests a year in FAI. I came to the conclusion> I was going to wait to purchase a new set on 50, can justify it with some of> the features--I'm getting older--but ain't dead--but might also like to pick> up a back-up if the price was right.> > This is a serious inquiry. I know there are several guys interested in this> information.> > Thank you in advance,> > Richard B. Strickland> 8732 Rosewood Dr.> Prairie Village> KS 66207> > 913-381-3519 h> 816-225-3801 c> 816-471-5505 w> 800-279-7037 w> >

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.