[NSRCA-discussion] Regulator

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:27:00 AKST 2008

Has anyone ever demonstrated / tested the "bad pack" scenario?   Yes, Red
Scholefield did (it's on his web site). . . it's not as catastrophic as some
people will make it out to be.  I personally fall into the "less is more"
philosophy when you start talking about component counts between the
batteries and radio system.

If you top off your A123 batts before each flight then you are checking each
cell if you use a charger such as the FMA 4S so you'll catch a bad cell
immediately.  Even so, the A123's fail to open, so you wouldn't have the
other pack pulling down the system. . . just running on one pack until
landing.

Alot of 4.6V servos work just fine on 6V . . . . . Unless you're doing snaps
or flying a JR radio. . .

--

Keith Hoard
Collierville, TN