[NSRCA-discussion] Beginner advice

Lisa & Larry lld613 at psci.net
Sun Aug 31 06:57:26 AKDT 2008

Lisa and I went to a swap meet last fall. A young boy and his dad came by
and looked at our Hobbyzone Super Cub. It was nearly new with three charges
and four battery packs. We were asking $150 for all of it RTF.

Well we saw the kid on the other side of the building and he was crying and
the dad said he didn’t have the money. After about ½ hour of this, Lisa and
I agreed to offer it to them for $50.00. The dad bought it and continued to
question our offer saying we didn’t need to do this

About six months later I was in a LHS and one of the guys was telling me
this story not knowing we were the ones that sold it
I was surprised they
were so close

The kid has flown the wings off of it. I finally met up with the dad again
and he said the only time his son crashed it was when his son turned off the
ACT and ended up inverted. Dad tried to talk him through being inverted and
he crashed. The funny part was the kid wasn’t happy about breaking the wing
when he was doing what dad told him. Dad said he probably would have been
fine if he just let him fly it out. Dad bought a new wing and all was good
again

He’s been flying it all summer and is ready for more capable planes.

This is a good plane, but not for the wind. I flew it in 10mph wind and it
was challenging. It did seem to keep the young boy’s interest, and by the
way
He was only 6 years old

Larry

  _____