[NSRCA-discussion] Beginner advice

Steven Maxwell patternrules at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 05:47:10 AKDT 2008

 John I have been doing discus launch gliders for the last month and there a blast even if you don't find lift(thermals), there are a couple that is 40" and under $100, a few 50" for $75 or less here's a list  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728220
 The Apogee or Swyft are 40" the DL 50 is easy build and very tough 50" the gambler is built up and a real floater. These are very simple things rudder and elevator on these, I have even flown these in very windy conditions up to 20 mph not as much fun but very interesting, if you catch thermals can stay up for 10 minutes or more my best is 4minutes 38 seconds. Oh and it's some good excerise. Oh forgot there is even some made that are just flying wings and some that are made from depon.  Also plans here.  http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articles.htm

Steve Maxwell