[NSRCA-discussion] YS FZ63S Trouble

ron at inweldcorp.com ron at inweldcorp.com
Tue Aug 26 06:36:11 AKDT 2008

I have a YS FZ63S on my Oxalys 50.  The engine probably has about one
hundred 12 minute flights on it.

The first trouble I noticed was that I had to trim the idle up to keep
it running but the engine ran strong at full throttle.

After another 10 or 12 flights the engine would not develop full power.
Also, the high speed needle valve is more sensitive where before it was
difficult to tell exactly where the highest rpm was.  Also the idle has
to be trimmed way up as the engine warms up and it quits when trying to
transition to high speed.

I have installed a new glow plug, adjusted the valves, adjusted the high
and low speed mixture with no improvement.  I see no air restriction to
the carburetor.  The fuel filter looks clean.  What should I try next?

Ron Needham